Driver Unlimited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or we have a legal obligation to carry out the processing. Where appropriate we will ask for your consent to process your personal data and where you have given consent you have the right to withdraw this at any time.
We will identify the processing purpose and provide you with the relevant information to evidence the processing to be fair and transparent. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it, for the purpose of the EU General Data Protection (2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is Your Sidekick Limited of Vincent Court, Hubert Street, Aston lock, Birmingham, B6 4BA.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.driverunlimited.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Personal information collected via sign up forms are inclusive of but not limited to (where applicable): Full Name, Address, Date of Birth, National Insurance Number, Contact Number, Email Address, Sort Code, Account Number, Eye Colour, Mothers Maiden Name
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies:
The user has the option to opt-out and manage the cookies by altering the “help” settings on their browser. However, if a user disables the cookie, this can impair the functionality of the site being visited.
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How your information is used
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Driver Unlimited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may disclose your personal information to third party companies that preform business functions or services on behalf of DriverUnlimited, such companies include:
- Salesforce: We utilise this CRM in order to house the data you provide in a secure location and also manage the ‘onboarding/Sign up’ process to improve the experience for you on the whole.
- FreeAgent: This is the Accounting Software we provide for your Business and will house the details necessary to file Payroll, VAT returns and Corporation Tax returns. It allows you to communicate the activities of the business on the whole.
- Credit Safe: We are required to perform AML checks on all of our clients due to the nature of business we support and to ensure we follow due diligence procedures.
- HMRC: We are required to share information with HMRC in order to complete registrations for tax.
- DocuSign: We send electronic documents for signature securely via DocuSign, including Terms and Conditions.
- Cheshire Insurance Brokers: As we provide Drivers Negligence insurance for your Limited Company as part of this we share the signed insurance declaration with them so they can add you to cover and provide the insurance needed.
- JustAccounts: Should you engage as an Umbrella worker then your personal date, timesheets, invoices are all hosted via bespoke Just Accounts software. You will have your own portal that allows you to control this data.
- Mailchimp: We use this marketing suite in order to send out information to you in the form of newsletters and important updates, should you have opted in for this service and are happy to receive these.
All such parties will be required to keep your personal information secure and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
Where we process your personal data, you have a number of rights over how the data is processed and can exercise these rights at any point. We have provided you with an overview of these rights below along with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at Support@driverunlimited.co.uk or alternatively you can contact us via telephone on 0345 872 4970.
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how your personal data is being used. Therefore, we are providing you with this information in this Notice.
- The right to access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you wish to exercise this right please contact us using the information on our ‘contact us’ page.
- The right to data portability. The personal data you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
- The right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete your data. If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
- The right to restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
- The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to lodge a compliant directly with any local Supervisory Authority about how we process your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data (i.e we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do it doesn’t mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us using the details on our ‘contact us’ page.
- Rights related to automated decision making. You have the right to not be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing and which produces legal or other significant effects on you. In particular, you have the right:
- To obtain human intervention.
- To express your point of view.
- To obtain an explanation of the decision reached.
- To challenge such decision.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection Regulator, the ICO.